Free Cooking Demos
Come learn new recipes and techniques for preparing delicious meals taught by a registered dietitian. We are pleased to offer these free cooking demostrations to the community at 6:00 p.m. at our North Regional Health and Wellness Center, 56th & MLK Jr. Blvd, location that features a full demonstration kitchen. Each attendee will enjoy free samples of the dishes prepared, and will take home recipe cards and educational handouts. Space is limited, so you must pre-register to attend or call Terri Snodgrass at 918.595.4419. Registration opens on the first of each month. **All Demos will be shared via Facebook Live.**
Jan 9: Soups | 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
As the cold days of winter endure, there is nothing more comforting than a hearty bowl of soup. In this class, we will learn two different soups that work well for a hearty dinner and taste even better for lunch the next day!
Jan 23: Using Quinoa and Chia | 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Quinoa and Chia seem to be everywhere, magazines, TV and social media, but what are they? We know they are good for us, but they may be a little intimidating if you don’t know how to use them. In this class, we will learn more about how to fit these two ingredients into our everyday meal planning.
Save the Date:
2020 (click here for printable flier)
- February 13: Heart Health
- February 27: Breakfast for Dinner
- March 12: Instant Pot: Dried Beans
- March 26: Utilizing Frozen Veggies
- April 9: Diabetes
- April 23: Quick Breads with Whole Grains
- May 14: Spring Vegetables
- May 28: Grilling
- June 11: Hearty Salads
- July 9: Picnic Favorites
- August 13: Back to School Lunch Ideas
- September 10: Cooking Dairy Free
- September 24: Pumpkin
- October 8: Diabetic Cooking
- October 22: Feeding Infants and Toddlers
- November 12: Thanksgiving
- December 10: Holiday Favorites