Children First is a family-centered program that utilizes home based services by registered nurses (RNs) to help first-time mothers and their families prepare for parenthood. Mothers receive information on promoting a healthy, safe lifestyle for their family while gaining a greater understanding of the types of help and resources available to them in the community. These services are provided at no cost.
- Regular home based services conducted by a registered nurse: every week for four weeks, then every other week until the baby is born; every week for six weeks, then every other week until the baby is 21months old; and every month until the baby is two years old.
- Family medical history.
- Physical exam of the unclothed infant or child.
- Measurement of height, weight, and head of infant or child.
- Assessment of the family's health habits, nutrition, and eating practices.
- Education on family planning.
- Education on discipline choices, parent skills, and child development.
- Education on illness, accidents, and injury prevention.
- Grief counseling for families experiencing the loss of a child.
- Referrals to resources based on family needs.
Are you are a registered nurse and interested in getting involved? We'd like to hear from you. Please call 918-779-6949.
THD is not responsible, professionally or financially, for medical treatment, hospitalization or other services provided outside the THD after referral by THD personnel.