Tulsa Neighborwalk Leader
The Tulsa Health Department is excited to assist you on the journey of starting a walking group. Walking groups benefit both individual participants and the community at large by motivating and encouraging others to walk, leading to a healthier community.
The health and success of your walking group is important to us. Walk Leaders will receive a free toolkit with helpful tips on how to start a successful walking group. THD will provide free support, posters, incentives and technical assistance to Walk Leaders.
Walk Leaders are asked to commit to:
- Meet with your walking group at least twice a week for 12 weeks
- Name your walking group
- Keep a weekly attendance log and track group goals
- Promote your walking group
- Utilize the tools and support provided by THD
- Collect a short pre- and post- survey from your walking group participants
Click here to complete the Walk Leader sign-up form