Substance Abuse Prevention
Regional Prevention Coordinators
The primary goal of Regional Prevention Coordinators (RPC) is to provide regional prevention services by engaging community members, local organizations, public agencies, youth, and the media to change community conditions that contribute to alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) related problems.
Responsible Beverage Service and Sales Training (RBSS)
Responsible Beverage Service and Sales Training provides clerks, servers and managers with the knowledge and skills to sell and serve alcoholic beverages safely, responsibly and legally.
The goal of the training is to ensure that expectations, liabilities and legal responsibilities are communicated to all licensees and their employees. With the new alcohol laws in effect and a mandatory requirement of a serve training attached to the law, RBSS Training is increasing the number of trainings to every other Tuesdays. Occasionally this course in instructed in Spanish. All trainings will be held at the James O. Goodwin Health Center, 5051 S. 129th E. Ave. Tulsa, OK 74134 in room 200. For more information regarding RBSS Training or to sign up for the class please call (918) 595-4513.
If using a phone or tablet, you will need to download the Zoom app before the training. If you are using a computer, be sure to go to the link about 10 minutes before the training. A window will appear to allow you to download the software if needed.
Requirements for credit:
- You will need your liquor license number or the last 5 numbers of your social security card to complete the pre/post survey. Pre and post surveys will need to be completed in order to receive a certificate.
- Although there is the ability to call in, only those with video availability will get credit for the class. Seeing your video/face is required.
- You will not be able to enter the RBSS training if you are 10 minutes late to sign on.
- Active participation in the class is mandatory. You will be asked to participate in Q&A (use the raise your hand feature).
The Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant
The Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant (SPF SIG) program support an array of activities that build a solid foundation for delivering and sustaining effective substance abuse and/or mental health services. This program works to:
- Prevent the onset and reduce the progression of substance abuse, including childhood and underage drinking
- Reduce substance abuse related problems in communities
- Build prevention capacity and infrastructure at the state, tribal and community levels.
Tulsa Area Household Medication Disposal Sites
View a list of locations where you can drop off your unwanted or unused medicines for safe and proper disposal.
Opioid Prescribing Guidelines
After studying other state and national recommendations, the Opioid Prescribing Guidelines for Oklahoma Workgroup created guidelines for Oklahoma prescribers in 2017. The guidelines were developed to help improve communication between clinicians and patients about the risks and benefits of opioid therapy for pain management, improve the safety and effectiveness of pain treatment, and reduce the risks associated with long-term opioid therapy, including opioid use disorder, overdose, and death, while preserving patient access to needed medical treatment.
Oklahoma Opioid Prescribing and Dispensing Guidelines: