Substance Abuse Prevention
Regional Prevention Coordinators
The primary goal of Regional Prevention Coordinators (RPC) is to provide regional prevention services by engaging community members, local organizations, public agencies, youth, and the media to change community conditions that contribute to alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) related problems.
The Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant
The Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant (SPF SIG) program support an array of activities that build a solid foundation for delivering and sustaining effective substance abuse and/or mental health services. This program works to:
- Prevent the onset and reduce the progression of substance abuse, including childhood and underage drinking
- Reduce substance abuse related problems in communities
- Build prevention capacity and infrastructure at the state, tribal and community levels.
Tulsa Area Household Medication Disposal Sites
View a list of locations where you can drop off your unwanted or unused medicines for safe and proper disposal.
Responsible Beverage Service and Sales Training (RBSS)
Responsible Beverage Service and Sales Training provides clerks, servers and managers with the knowledge and skills to sell and serve alcoholic beverages safely, responsibly and legally.
The goal of the training is to ensure that expectations, liabilities and legal responsibilities are communicated to all licensees and their employees. With the new alcohol laws in effect and a mandatory requirement of a serve training attached to the law, RBSS Training is increasing the number of trainings to the first and last Tuesdays of the month. Occassionally this course it instructed in Spanish.
Upcoming dates of RBSS Training:
- Tuesday, July 2, 2019 | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 30, 2019 | 1:00 to 4:00 p.m
- Tuesday, Aug 6, 2019 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug 20, 2019 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept 3, 2019 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept 17, 2019 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct 1, 2019 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct 15, 2019 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov 12, 2019 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov 29, 2019 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec 10, 2019 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan 7, 2020 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan 21, 2020 | 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
All trainings will be held at the James O. Goodwin Health Center, 5051 S. 129th E. Ave. Tulsa, OK 74134 in room 200. Click here to print or download January - June 2019 schedule.
Upcoming dates of RBSS Training en espanol:
- Announced soon
Trainings will be held at the Martin Regional Library, 2601 S Garnett Rd, Tulsa, OK 74129. Click here to print or download espanol flier.
For more information regarding RBSS Training or to sign up for the class please call (918) 595-4513.