The Maternal Child Health Outreach program works to identify and address individual maternal and child health issues, needs, and barriers with a focus on improved birth outcomes. In addition, the team also includes community system development specialists to raise public awareness about infant mortality in the Tulsa Community on a system level and develop and implement intervention and prevention strategies.
Expecting mothers, young children and their families receive assistance from outreach and social workers. Spanish and English speaking staff are available to provide services in a clinic, community or home-based setting. Services include:
- SoonerCare application assistance
- Links to other services both internal at THD and external in the community
- Referrals to basic needs
- Depression screenings
- Warm hand-offs to mental health treatment, case management and to other appropriate resource as needed
- Educational messages including birth spacing and reproductive life planning
For more information, please contact the MCH Outreach Manager
Click here to complete a referral form and a team member will contact you.
You may also call 918-595-4273 during regular business hours to connect with a staff member. Calls received in the evenings or on weekends will be returned the next business day.
Do you or someone you know need help completing a SoonerCare application? We can help! Enrollment assistance is available in English and Spanish. We can assist with SoonerCare, SoonerPlan (family planning), and Soon to be Sooners for the following:
- Pregnant women
- Non-disabled adults who share a household with a minor child