Birth & Death Records
Oklahoma Vital Records maintains the records for births and deaths that occurred in the state of Oklahoma.
Obtaining Birth and Death Certificates
Certified copies of birth and death certificates may be obtained at the Oklahoma State Department of Health's Tulsa Division of Vital Records located at THD:
James O. Goodwin Health Center (Map)
5051 S. 129th East Ave Tulsa, OK 74134-7004
(918) 594-4868 (FAX)
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday*
*With the exception of State-recognized holidays
Please note that the average wait time can range from 1 to 2 hours.
Vital records are not open for public inspection. A birth certificate may be applied for by the person for whom it was issued, the parent named on record, or person acting in such person's best interest (and authorized by the subject of the record). View the state of Oklahoma birth certificate eligibility requirements here.
An individual may obtain a death certificate upon written application, proper information and identification and applicable fees. View the state of Oklahoma death certificate requirements here.
We do not conduct inspections for out-of-state certificates. For more information on a birth or death that occurred in another state, view Where to Write for Vital Records.
What To Bring
A valid, legal photo I.D. is required from the applicant or the individual representing the applicant for the issuance of a birth, death or stillbirth certificate. If mailing the request, please do not send the original ID with your application. Please send a photocopy. For a complete listing of acceptable forms of identification (ID) click here.
The fee for the search of a birth or death record is $15. This fee will pay for the issuance of one certified copy of the certificate to the qualified applicant if the certificate is located. Additional copies will be issued at a cost of $15 per copy. The searching fee is not refundable or transferable. Please make your check or money order payable to OSDH. Heirloom birth certificates are available for a fee of $35. Corrections or additions to vital records require additional fees and required documentation. Credit and debit cards are not accepted. Cash, check or money order only. ATM available on site.
We do not accept online orders or phone orders directly; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through independent companies we have partnered with to provide you this service.
- Birth and Death Certificates issued to eligible birth and death applicants. Cost is $12.95 processing fee, plus $15 per copy ordered. Record can be returned using US Post Service at no additional cost or by UPS Air for an additional shipping fee and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.
- Amendments: For amendments to vital records, visit https://vitalchek.com/amendments/home/ok. Cost is $13.95 processing fee, plus $40 for a birth record amendment and issuance of one certified copy. Record may be returned using US Post Service at no additional cost or by UPS Air for an additional shipping fee.
- VitalChek Phone Orders
- You can process phone requests for birth and death records through our partner VitalChek at 877-817-7364. Cost is $12.95 processing fee, plus $15 per copy ordered. Record can be returned using US Post Service at no additional cost or by UPS Air for an additional shipping fee.
- Birth Certificate only; limit 1 copy per order. Cost is $20.08 per copy ordered. Record will be mailed out using the US Post Service.
- For the Mobile App, download "MyOklahoma" through your device app store. Birth Certificate only; limit 1 copy per order. Cost is $20.08 per copy ordered. Record will be mailed out using the US Post
Effective Nov. 1, 2016, all non-sealed records of births that occurred more than 125 years from the current date will be open record, as will all records of deaths occurring more than 50 years prior to the current date. No proof of eligibility will be required for those records. An application, photo ID and fees will still be required.
OK2Explore is a free searchable public index of births and deaths that occurred in the state of Oklahoma. It includes information from records of births occurring in Oklahoma 20 or more years ago and records of deaths occurring in Oklahoma 5 or more years ago. You can search by type of event (birth or death), date, county, name and sex. The database includes information to help you identify whether a record is on file without paying a search fee. The index will indicate whether or not a record exists, but you cannot view the actual birth or death certificate online. If you would like to order a copy of a record, the eligibility rules will apply for non-open records.
Immunization records are available upon request. Visit our Authorization to Release Official Immunization Record page for more information.