Manager's Certification Hero

Manager's Certification

Become A Certified Food Service Manager

Many area food service establishments are required to have at least one certified food service manager in order to adequately train and supervise employees. To receive Manager’s Certification, you must first complete an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited food protection manager certification program. After completing a training program, you must register your manager certificate with THD. Bring your certificate of class completion and a valid photo ID (like a driver’s license) to register.

Manager's Certification Class Information

Certification classes are offered locally by:

  1. Tulsa Community College, 918-595-7200
  2. Tulsa Technology Center, 918-828-5100
  3. Oklahoma Restaurant Association, 1-800-375-8181
  4. Food Safety Training Specialist, 918-252-3778

THD Registration of Manager's Certification

Please call these agencies for class schedules and costs.

  • You must present verification of your training completion or Challenge Test Certificate, plus valid photo identification.
  • Registration is only available at the Eastgate Metroplex Training Center location.
  • Nonrefundable certification fee is $15 cash or credit card; no checks accepted.
  • Tulsa Food Protection Manager’s Certificates expire three years from the date of issuance.
  • Avoid longer waits due to food handler class processing by applying for certification on Tuesdays.

For more information about THD food safety training classes, permits and manager certification, please call 918-576-6207.

House Bill 1804 Verification Requirements

House Bill 1804 went into effect on November 1, 2007. As a result, anyone attending a food safety training class or applying for a manager's certificate from the Tulsa Health Department must sign a statement that they are either (1) a United States citizen, or (2) a qualified alien under the federal Immigration & Nationality Act and are lawfully present in the United States.