Seasonal Flu Immunizations
The Tulsa Health Department will begin offeringflu vaccinations for the 2013-2014 flu season on October 7th.
It is recommended that all individuals over the age of six months be vaccinated against the flu this year. This season's flu vaccination requires only one shot for most individuals. Children under 9 who have not received two flu immunizations since July 1, 2010 will need a second dose 28 days (or later) after receiving the first dose. This season's flu shot includes the pandemic 2009 H1N1, H3N2, and one other virus strain of flu expected to circulate this season.
Flu vaccinations are available for the following individuals and do not require any out of pocket expense at the time of vaccination:
- Children who qualify for the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program
- Medicare Part B Non-HMO recipients,
- Individuals whose household income is at or below 185% of the federal poverty guideline and who do not have insurance
- Individuals with Cigna, Community Care, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, or Health Choice insurance plans
- Medicaid/SoonerCare recipients (does not include SoonerPlan)
Individuals who have Medicaid, SoonerCare, Medicare, Community Care, or Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance should bring a copy of their insurance card and photo ID to avoid the out-of-pocket expense for a flu shot. There is a $25 charge per flu shot for all other individuals. Payment can be made in the form of cash, check or credit card.
The flu vaccine is offered to anyone over the age of six months on a walk-in basis 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Friday at the following Tulsa Health Department locations:
- James O. Goodwin Health Center located at 5051 S. 129th E. Avenue, Tulsa, OK
- Central Regional Health Center located at 315 S. Utica, Tulsa, OK
- North Regional Health and Wellness Center located at 5635 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Tulsa, OK
The flu vaccine is also offered at the following locations:
Bixby Health Center 8120 E. 126th Street Bixby, OK 74008 Call (918) 369-3155 for clinic dates and times
Collinsville Health Center 1201 W. Center Collinsville, OK 74021-3111 Call (918) 596-8650 for clinic dates and times
Sand Springs Health Center 306 E. Broadway Sand Springs, OK 74063-7911 Call (918) 591-6100 for clinic dates and times
You can save time by downloading and completing a 2012-2013 flu vaccination form and bringing it with you when you visit the clinic.