Tulsa Food Advisory Council
In the early 1980’s The Tulsa Health Department created the Tulsa Food Advisory Council to act as a liaison among the Consumer Protection Division (now Food Protection Services), food industry operators and consumers.
Tulsa Food Advisory Council’s Mission
To serve as a liaison among Tulsa Health Department’s Food Protection Services, Food Industry, and Consumers to establish a cooperative relationship, to achieve a safe and effective food safety program, and to protect the citizens of Tulsa County and all transient guests.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve compliance issues
- Promote and assist in developing a partnership culture with food industry
- Provide input in training and policy
- Assist in the appeals process through compliance hearings
The council is made up of 15 members representing three constituencies: food industry, health professionals and consumers. The council meets a minimum of once per year to advise Food Protection Services Consumer Protection Division on its policies, procedures, food safety issues, and codes. Impactful changes are forwarded to the Tulsa Board of Health and, if necessary, local city councils.
The council also plays a role in mediation and hearings concerning compliance with the food code, variances to the code, and suspension or revocation of food licenses.
The council has worked on many customer improvement surveys throughout the years and has participated in committees to incorporate improvements to the program.
If you have any concerns or suggestions you wish to be addressed by the council or Food Protection Services you may contact the council chairman, David Chambers at (918) 663-8880 or email email@example.com
Tulsa Food Advisory Council Members
Food Industry Representatives:
Ricardo's Mexican Restaurant
Rib Crib Corporation
Thomas "Evan" Kelamis
Health Professionals Representatives:
Tulsa Technology Center
Tim Tregoning, DC
Marilyn Been, P.T.
Concentra Urgent Care
Scott Nicholson, DMV
Nicholson Animal Hospital
General Consumer Representatives:
Joe M. Blasdel
Blasdel Associates, Inc.
Bill J. Schneider
Schneider & Coleman AIA Architects
Harry Lentz, JD
Works & Lentz, Inc.
Randy Norman - Vice Chairman
Independent Food Service Consultant
2017 Tulsa Food Advisory Council Meetings
Meetings take place at the Tulsa Health Department James O. Goodwin Health Center, 5051 S. 129 E. Ave. Tulsa, OK 74134 in room #231
- Wednesday, February 1 at 2 p.m. Meeting Notice | Agenda
- Wednesday, June 7 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 4 at 2 p.m.
2016 Tulsa Food Advisory Council Meetings
- Wednesday, February 10 at 2 p.m. Meeting Notice | Agenda
- Wednesday, June 1 at 2 p.m. Meeting Notice | Agenda
- Wednesday, October 5 at 2 p.m. Meeting Notice | Agenda
2015 Tulsa Food Advisory Council Meetings
- Wednesday, February 4 at 2 p.m. Meeting Notice | Agenda
- Wednesday, June 3 at 2 p.m. Meeting Notice | Agenda
- Wednesday, October 7 at 2 p.m. Meeting Notice | Agenda
2014 Tulsa Food Advisory Council Meetings
- Wednesday, February 5 at 2 p.m. Meeting Notice | Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, June 4 at 2 p.m. Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, October 1 at 2 p.m. Meeting Notice | Agenda | Minutes