Mobile Food Vending
Mobile Services and Pushcarts Require a License
All food service establishments in Tulsa County, including mobile food vending operations, require a license that must be renewed annually. THD categorizes mobile food services as follows:
- Full-service mobile: a vehicle or trailer designed and equipped to prepare and serve open food products.
- Pre-packaged (retail) mobile: a vehicle or trailer limited to the sale of commercially manufactured pre-packaged products, or products prepared and packaged at a licensed food service establishment.
- Pushcart: a non-self-propelled vehicle limited to the sale of non-Time/Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) foods, the sale of commercially pre-packaged foods maintained at proper temperatures, or the preparation and sale of frankfurters.
Construction, Equipment and Operation Guidelines
Full-service mobile food establishments are required to meet certain regulations regarding their construction, water system, equipment, personnel and food safety. Pre-packaged mobile and pushcart food establishments are exempted from some of these requirements.
- Mobile Food Service Establishment - Construction Guide
- Mobile Food Service Establishment - Common Violation Guide
- Procedures Guide for Pushcarts Selling Frankfurters
- Commissary Agreement
Mobile Vendor Fees
- Fee for City of Broken Arrow
- Full-service mobile $150 per vehicle
- Pre-packaged mobile $60 per vehicle
- Pushcart vending operations $60 per pushcart
- Fee for City of Bixby and City of Tulsa
- Full-service mobile $145 per vehicle
- Pre-packaged mobile $145 per vehicle
- Pushcart vending operations $145 per pushcart
- The cities charge a $5 processing fee on all new license applications
- State Fee - $350 for all cities and mobile operations.
For more information, please call 918-595-4300.