You must have an original, valid Foodhandler Permit issued by the Tulsa Health Department. There are 2 options and both require passing a THD test: 1) Attend a THD class, or 2) take the THD Waiver Test.
Taking an internet online training course from a third party does not qualify to get a THD permit. You will still need to pay the $13 fee and take the THD Waiver Test to receive a valid Foodhandler Permit.
Beginning July 1, 2016 please make NOTE of the changes below. These are also listed in the 2016 Schedule (July – December):
- Waiver Test is available every Thursday at 3:00 p.m.; arrive 30 minutes early for registration.
- The Thursday 4:00 p.m. class was deleted to add the Waiver Test option.
- The Monday Spanish class will be at 3:00 p.m. It was moved from the 9:00 a.m. time. The Friday Spanish class will still be at 9:00 a.m.
- There are 2 classes on North Regional Health Center class days: 11:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.
- Bixby Health Department is now called Bixby WIC Clinic – located at 8120 East 126th Street S., Bixby, Oklahoma.
- Broken Arrow will only have an 11 a.m. class on class days; the 2:00 p.m. class has been deleted.
Please note that all classes are held at Eastgate Metroplex Training Center unless otherwise indicated on the food safety training class schedule. Click here for new location map.
Food Safety Class Information
- There is no pre-registration for classes.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to class time for registration.
- Late arrivals may NOT be admitted once class begins.
- Class length is approximately 2 hours.
- Class fee is $13 cash*. For faster processing, correct change is appreciated. *Credit cards accepted at James O. Goodwin Health Center (5051 S. 129th E. Ave.) and Eastgate Metroplex Training Center (14002 E. 21st St. Suite 550)
- Class fee is nonrefundable.
- No personal checks accepted.
- Children under the age of six may not attend.
- Classes are available in English and Spanish.
- Study guides and exams are available in English, Spanish and Chinese.
Upon passing the test, you will receive a photo-identification Foodhandler Permit. Foodhandler Permits must be available at all times while the employee is working. The Health Department inspector will not accept a photocopy. Duplicate original permits are available for a fee of $5. These can only be obtained at the Eastgate Metroplex Training Center.