- Please note that all classes are held at Eastgate Metroplex Training Center unless otherwise indicated on the food safety training class schedule.
- Spanish classes are only offered at Eastgate Metroplex Training Center on Monday and Friday mornings.
- Pre-registration for regular food safety training classes is not required.
If you have questions, refer to the phone numbers listed under outlying class section of the food safety training class schedule.
Class Schedule 2013 **CANCELLED: The Friday, December 6 Spanish food handler class has been cancelled due to inclement weather.
*NEW: Now offering classes at the North Regional Health and Wellness Center, 5635 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd (formerly Cincinnati Ave). Temporary cards for the classes will be sold beginning September 26. The classes will start at 2 p.m. on the following dates:
- October 22, 2013
- November 26, 2013
Food Safety Training Class Information
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to class time for registration.
- Late arrivals may NOT be admitted once class begins.
- Class length is approximately 2 hours.
- Nonrefundable class fee is $13 cash; for smoother processing, correct change is appreciated.
- No checks accepted.
- Class size is limited; early arrival is suggested.
- Children under the age of six may not attend.
- Classes are available in English and Spanish.
- Study guides and exams are available in English, Spanish and Chinese.
Upon passing the test, you will receive a photo-identification Food Handler Permit. Food Handler Permits must be available at all times while the employee is working. The Health Department inspector will not accept a photocopy. Additional duplicate permits are available for a fee of $5.