- Please note that all classes are held at Eastgate Metroplex Training Center unless otherwise indicated on the food safety training class schedule.
- Spanish classes are only offered at Eastgate Metroplex Training Center on Monday and Friday mornings.
- Pre-registration for regular food safety training classes is not required.
If you have questions, refer to the phone numbers listed under outlying class section of the food safety training class schedule.
2015 Schedule (January - June) The 9 a.m. food handler class on Thursday, March 5 will be cancelled due to the late start because of inclement weather.
*NEW: Now offering classes at the North Regional Health and Wellness Center, 5635 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd (formerly Cincinnati Ave). Temporary cards for the classes are sold at this center. The classes will start at 2 p.m. on the following dates (always the fourth Tuesday of the month):
- January 27, 2015
- February 24, 2015
- March 24, 2015
- April 28, 2015
- May 26, 2015
- June 23, 2015
Owasso classes have moved from the Tulsa Technology Center to the Owasso Community Center, located at 301 South Cedar. Temporary cards for these classes will continue to be sold at the Collinsville Health Center. See schedule for details.
Food Safety Training Class Information
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to class time for registration.
- Late arrivals may NOT be admitted once class begins.
- Class length is approximately 2 hours.
- Nonrefundable class fee is $13 cash; for smoother processing, correct change is appreciated.
- No checks accepted.
- Class size is limited; early arrival is suggested.
- Children under the age of six may not attend.
- Classes are available in English and Spanish.
- Study guides and exams are available in English, Spanish and Chinese.
Upon passing the test, you will receive a photo-identification Food Handler Permit. Food Handler Permits must be available at all times while the employee is working. The Health Department inspector will not accept a photocopy. Additional duplicate permits are available for a fee of $5.