Substance Abuse Prevention
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention
The primary goal of Regional Prevention Coordinators (RPC) is to provide regional prevention services by engaging community members, local organizations, public agencies, youth, and the media to change community conditions that contribute to alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) related problems.
View our latest news and press releases:
- 8/27/13- RPC Reminds Motorists to Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
- 6/28/13- RPC Works to Reduce Synar Non-Compliance Rates for Underage Tobacco Sales in Tulsa County
- 5/29/13- RPC Works to Prevent Underage Drinking
- 5/20/13- Regional Prevention Coordinators Address Alcohol and Drug Problems in Tulsa County
- 5/17/13- 99.9% of Targeted Tulsa County Retailers Compliant with Tobacco Laws
- 5/1/13- Free Responsible Beverage Service and Sales Training May 7
- 4/23/13- Prescription Take-Back Day Planned for Saturday, April 27
- 3/19/13- We All Fall Down
- 1/23/13- Binge Drinking Among Female Youth Is On The Rise
- 12/28/12- Commit To Quit Tobacco In 2013
- 6/12/12- Tulsa RPC Offers Free Training to Reduce the Sale of Alcohol to Minors
The Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant
The Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant (SPF SIG) program support an array of activities that build a solid foundation for delivering and sustaining effective substance abuse and/or mental health services. This program works to:
- Prevent the onset and reduce the progression of substance abuse, including childhood and underage drinking
- Reduce substance abuse related problems in communities
- Build prevention capacity and infrastructure at the state, tribal and community levels.
For more information about either RPC or SPF SIG, please contact Marianne Long at 918-595-4274
Tulsa Area Household Medication Disposal Sites
View a list of locations where you can drop off your unwanted or unused medicines for safe and proper disposal.
Responsible Beverage Service and Sales Training (RBSS)
Responsible Beverage Service and Sales Training provides clerks, servers and managers with the knowledge and skills to sell and serve alcoholic beverages safely, responsibly and legally.
The goal of the training is to ensure that expectations, liabilities and legal responsibilities are communicated to all licensees and their employees. All trainings will be held at the James O. Goodwin Health Center, 5051 S. 129th E. Ave. Tulsa, OK 74134 from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in room 200.
Upcoming dates of RBSS Training:
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016
- Tuesday, January 3, 2017
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- Tuesday, June 6, 2017
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017
For more information regarding RBSS Training or to sign up for the class please call (918) 595-4513.