Helping Tulsa Babies Stay Safe and Well
Tulsa Health Department-Healthy Start works to help reduce Tulsa’s infant mortality rate by providing healthy messages and support for the entire family. The federally funded program also seeks to ensure continuity of care for women and children.
THD-Healthy Start program is community based, using case management as the core service and a community consortia advisory structure to improve birth outcomes and strengthen community infrastructure. THD-Healthy Start links clients to a wide variety of services, including:
- Assistance with prenatal care
- Access to well-baby visits
- Referrals to WIC services
- Family planning assistance/interconception care
- Links to social services for jobs, child care, housing, and education
- Parenting skills
- Food, clothing and housing assistance
- Links to local resources for jobs, child care, counseling and education
THD-Healthy Start services are offered at THD’s North Regional Health and Wellness Center, 5635 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. For more information, please contact Christy Edmonds at 918-595-4220 or email@example.com.
In addition, the Healthy Start program is committed to improving the father, parent-child relationship through fatherhood engagement. Our Fatherhood Program promotes this philosophy by linking fathers to resources that strengthen the role for the involvement of the father.
THD-Healthy Start Fatherhood Program works with fathers to help them with the following:
- Assistance with making job connections through local job fairs and temporary employment agencies
- Child support referrals to Department of Human Services
- Male reproductive health services
- Transportation services (taxi, bus tokens, bus passes)
- Food and clothing assistance
- Housing assistance
- Parenting skills
- Life skills/goals
- Communication skills
- Anger management
Tulsa's Fatherhood Coalition meets bi-monthly as part of this initiative. For more information, contact Sekou Clincy, Fatherhood Coordinator at 918-595-4227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fatherhood Coalition Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held at the North Regional Health and Wellness Center (5635 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Tulsa, OK 74126)
- November 17, 2015 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- January 19, 2016 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- March 15, 2016 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- May 17, 2016 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.