Helping Tulsa Babies Stay Safe and Well
Tulsa Healthy Start works to help reduce Tulsa’s infant mortality rate by providing healthy messages and support for the entire family. The federally funded program also seeks to ensure continuity of care for women and children.
Tulsa Healthy Start program is community based, using case management as the core service and a community consortia advisory structure to contribute to improve birth outcomes and strengthen community infrastructure.
- Assistance with prenatal care
- Access to well-baby visits
- Childhood immunizations
- Referrals to WIC services
- Family planning assistance
- Links to social services for jobs, child care, housing, and education
Tulsa Healthy Start services are offered at THD’s North Regional Health and Wellness Center, 5635 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. For more information, please contact Christy Edmonds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the Healthy Start program is committed to improving the father, parent-child relationship through fatherhood engagement. Our Fatherhood Program promotes this philosophy by linking fathers to resources that strengthen the role for the involvement of the father. This is done by organizing a group of individuals who provide preventive services and resources to new and expectant fathers, as well as to existing fathers and those who are committed to making the family healthier.
The Tulsa Healthy Start Fatherhood Program works with fathers to help them with the following:
- Assistance with making job connections through local job fairs and temporary employment agencies
- Child support modifications through Department of Human Services
- Health care coverage from State funded programs
- Male reproductive health services
- Transportation services (taxi, bus tokens, bus passes)
- Food and clothing assistance Housing assistance
- Parenting skills
- Life skills/goals
- Communication skills
- Anger management
Tulsa's Fatherhood Coalition meets occasionally as part of this initiative. For more information, contact Sekou Clincy, Fatherhood Coordinator at 918-595-4227 or email@example.com
Fatherhood Coalition Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held at the North Regional Health and Wellness Center (5635 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Tulsa, OK 74126)
- March 18, 2014 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- May 20, 2014 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- July 15, 2014 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- September 16, 2014 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- November 18, 2014 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.